© 2013 Oceanic Imaging Consultants, Inc.
Service + Software for Seafloor Mapping
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 11, 2013
Oceanic Imaging Consultants Introduces
Stand-Alone Mosaicking Module (SAMM) for Forward Look Sonar
Oceanic Imaging Consultants, Inc. (OIC), of Honolulu, Hawaii, introduced the first Stand-Alone Mosaicking Module (SAMM) for forward-look sonar (FLS) at the MTS/IEEE Oceans 2013 trade show held last month in San Diego, California. SAMM is a plug-and-play add-on to forward look sonar systems that automatically creates mosaics in real time from FLS data.
“SAMM works in real time reading live data from a socket. It can also be used for post-processing. It currently reads FLS data from Kongsberg Mesotech M3, Teledyne-BlueView 2D Multibeam Imaging Sonar and Tritech’s Gemini system”, said Thomas Reed, President of OIC. “We introduced SAMM at the Oceans 2013 trade show and our customers loved it. We already have commitments from several clients. We saw a need in the marketplace for an FLS mosaicking tool and are delighted to have been able to quickly meet the client’s requirements.”
SAMM’s Data Acquisition Features Include:
• Stand-alone module, seamlessly compatible with an existing FLS system
• Simultaneous mosaicking and logging of broadcast data
• Interactive control of track layering, processing and sensor offsets
• Background display of air photos, satellite imagery, raster and vector charts
• Pan, zoom, target marking and vessel track
SAMM’s Post-Acquisition Processing Features Include:
• Sensor/navigation offset and bias corrections
• Navigation and heading filtering
• Instant reprocessing and editing of recorded data
• Layering of individual tracks for optimal mosaic composition
• Per-track adjustment of contrast/gamma/brightness
• Interactive image selection tools for cherry picking data
• Contact marking, measurement, classification and export
• 16-bit imagery support for optimum image clarity
• Easy image export to GeoTIFF and Google Earth
Oceanic Imaging Consultants Inc. is an industry leader in developing seafloor mapping software and systems used by commercial, government, military and academic clients worldwide. OIC provides its customers with timely solutions to their critical seafloor imaging problems. Visit OIC today, and see what we can do for you.
For more information about OIC’s stand-alone mosaicking module for forward look sonar, visit us as http://www.oicinc.com/samm.html.