GeoDAS-SDV - Swimmer Delivery Vehicle
GeoDAS-SDV is our custom software system that is tailor-made for Swimmer Delivery
Vehicles and other wet subs; it provides real-time navigation, mapping, and obstacle
avoidance. GeoDAS-SDV is a configurable hardware and software system typically comprised
of a waterproof GPS, sidescan sonar, forward look sonar, compass, doppler velocity
log and an onboard computer running our GeoDAS software. The result is a system that
offers real-time interface and control for the integrated sensors to provide a superior
working environment for vehicle operators, particularly in low-visibility environments.
- Situational awareness
- Navigational accuracy
- Obstacle avoidance
- Integrated systems
OlC's processing and Acquisition Module (PAM) is the powerhouse of the GeoDAS-SDV system. Features include:
- Sealed enclosure to 10 atmospheres
- SUBCONN wet-mateable connectors
- Imagery and bathymetry processing
- Approximately six hours mission duration capability independent of host power and push button interface
3D Navigation display
- ROVer's Eye renders the sub-sea environment using pre-loaded models and data acquired in real-time
- Building on GeoDAS' existing strenghts, such as real time mosaicking, mutilple sensor inputs and extensive mission planning and analysis capability, GeoDAS-SDV creates a detailed image of the seafloor from sidescan and forward look sensor data
- The new GeoDAS interface provides an ideal combination of robust features and ease of use.
- For the SDV version, all of the features of our standard GeoDAS software have been modified to be easily operated in a push-button environment, free from keyboard and menu requirements.